Dear Readers: Novel Writing, My Absence and Writing Too Much


Dear Readers,

On the off chance that anyone regularly reads my book-related gibberish, I thought it prudent to write and inform you, whoever you elusive readers are, that I will be absent for the month of November. I may find time to read something and tell you how good or awful it was, but the chances are pretty slim. You see, this month is National Novel Writing Month or NaNoWriMo. I, your humble and not horribly articulate book reviewer, am trying my hand for the very first time. Therefore, I am writing a novel of at least 50,000 words in 30 days. I will be back, hopefully a winner, on the first of December.

I am happy to tell you that my first day was a 3100 word success. This, on top of my regular, work-related writing, has left my hands feeling as if I am a full time cook again. However, I am proud of myself, as novels are my greatest fear. I have written a few that no one, save me, has ever read and that were only possible through the help of copious amounts of hard liquor. I no longer imbibe, so I thought I might find myself stumped. I didn't. I am still not sure what tomorrow will bring, but I am off to a good start.

Whoever you are, if you are out there, wish me luck. I'm going to need it.

Shelly Barclay

No comments:

Post a Comment