My Attempt at Reading Tweeny Love Stories: The Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer

As of right now, this site is new. Nonetheless, many of you who are reading have known me for some time and know that reading is part of my everyday life. I love books. However, you probably would think the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer is the last thing you would see me reading. Well, not today it isn't. I have decided to take the plunge, bite the bullet, grab the bull by its horns and brave the storm. I'm starting the first book in the Twilight series tonight.

For those of you who do not know me and my reading habits, think non-fiction, classic literature and edgy new writers. I like historical fiction as well, possibly too much. Anyway, fluffy tween vampire books are not my cup of tea.

Normally, I would not even think of venturing into this unknown world of helpless females and shiny vampires. However, I recently suffered an injury that is keeping me relatively inactive, so I am already in pain. Twilight cannot hurt me. I've heard both good and bad things about these books but mostly bad, given my circle of friends and acquaintances. I'm sure it can go either way for me. One thing is certain, though. These books are insanely popular among adults and swoony teens.

I have a morbid curiosity about them that must be quenched. So, to save you from my fate, I am going to give you a day to day update on how my venture into the world of marshmallowy vampires and angsty adolescents is going. I am going to try very hard not to give up. Subscribe to crackedspines if you want to keep up with this series. Wish me luck. *Shelly cracks open the book, heaves a big sigh and leaves for parts unknown*  Update: Two seconds later, I can tell by the names of the chapters that this is not going to be easy. 

Click here to read day one of my Twilight experience.

Shelly Barclay 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I should mention that there might be a few days lapse next week because I will be in the mountains with no service, but I will post my experiences when I get back.

    ReplyDelete